Pages

Monday 15 January 2018

Horse whimsy


This horse stencil was one of the club member's stencils from  Clarity. I don't think it's one I'll get much use from (which is rare!) but our family in Somerset are horse mad, so it was perfect for my husband's aunt's birthday.

I started with stencil card, and blended a pale layer of green and blue distress ink over the whole thing.


I then placed the stencil over and pressed versamark through the aperture. I added clear embossing powder and heated to melt.


My versamark was a bit stained with blue, so the colour changed a little. I now have one I keep clean and just use for clear embossing - I do try to learn lessons!

I stamped a script stamp, also in versamark, and clear embossed this too.


I then added more ink, with the embossing acting as a resist. I darkened the green and blue, and added some of the script in blue as well.


With hindsight, I think I'd add more detail to the background before heat embossing, so the horse has more interest.

I watered down some silver paint and splattered it over the card. I also used it to tone down the bottom right corner, which I wasn't happy with.


I coloured a scrap of card with blue, and die cut the sentiment.


 I attached it to that problematic bottom right corner!

I edged in the green, then cut a mount and lightly coloured that with the blue to give a narrow frame, before adding to a 5x7 card blank.




I love the whimsical effect the blended colours and silver sparkles create, it has a lovely ethereal feel.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda