Pages

Sunday 17 September 2017

Celestial Wonders



Our September theme at the Berkhamsted Creative Challenge is Celestial Wonders.


So I thought I'd knock up another couple of pieces of bunting - at this rate it'll take a while to have enough for even one side of the shed, but I guess there's no rush! I have fun making them, it's nice to have the pressure off a bit, if they're not perfect I'm not giving them to anyone, like a card or present. It's a bit like art journalling in that I just get to play.

The first started with Clarity stencil card, that I flicked pebeo masking fluid onto.


For the base colour, I applied dusty concord and chipped sapphire distress ink to my blending mat, added water then dipped the card in. While it was wet, I added purple and ultramarine brushos.


When it dried, this was the result.


 I rubbed away the masking fluid to reveal white "stars".


I cut my triangle out...


.... and blended dusty concord and black soot distress ink around the edge.


I then used a groovi tool to add white acrylic paint for more stars, and a white pen for joining lines, to spell out "ASPIRE" in the style of constellations.


I wish I'd planned this a bit more, it looks very scrawled. I think if I'd spread it out more and gone from top left downwards, it would have been better. But this is just play!

With some of the waste card, I cut out moons and stars using a punch. (I found the punch in the BAC sale last weekend and had to have it for this challenge!)

I cut a triangle from black card, and blended distress oxide over it - wilted violet, a bit of faded jeans and black soot. I then stamped a pattern of tiny stars all over in the wilted violet - the opacity of the oxides mean they show up on black.


With the same oxide ink, I stamped a "wish upon a star" sentiment. This came from a Christmas set I got with a magazine this weekend.


I cut more stars from the scrap card, and stuck all my punched pieces to the base.


I highlighted the words with a white pen so they stand out more.


So I have two more pieces to add to my bunting chain now.

To join in with the challenge, come over to Facebook and visit us. It's a fun group, the idea is to encourage and inspire everyone to have a go at creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda