Pages

Saturday 16 September 2017

A bonus


As I mentioned in my previous post, when I mopped up the ink from making my Christmas Card Throwdown colour challenge card this week, I got a background in the challenge colours of pink, red and green.



So I decided that rather than putting it into the stash, I'd use it straight away to make a simple bonus card for the challenge.



This was the background I started with, trimmed to fit a 7x7 card blank. It has an orange tinge on the photo, but is truly pink and red, with crushed olive green, in real life.

I simply added a tree stamp from a docrafts Create Christmas set, and a sentiment from a Santa's workshop stamp set, I'm not sure who made them. I say simply, it took ages to select the right image and then the sentiment that fitted with it.



My local craft shop, Berkhamsted Arts and Crafts, had a flash sale last Saturday, and I did very well out of it - 18 new stamp sets for £15, as well as journals and all sorts of other bits. These sets were both from that haul. I'm also going through my stamps and trying to organise them into folders so I know what I have - still a way to go, but I'm already reaping the benefits as I have a much better idea of what stamps I actually have, and where to find them!

Then I just edged the card with a black sharpie and mounted on a 7x7 card blank.





Very simple, but my kind of card, I do love a messy background!




To join in with the colour challenge head to the Christmas Card Throwdown. You have three weeks to play this time due to the fifth Sunday in September, entries close on Friday 6th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda