Pages

Monday 2 May 2016

It doesn't always go right!

Our May theme on the Berkhamsted Creative Challenge is "Shiny". 

I thought I'd have a go at a gilding flake technique, using a stencil, that I've seen Barbara Gray do. Looked easy enough. Well. It wasn't! Not sure what I'm doing wrong, maybe the wrong flakes, or using inappropriate stencils, but I haven't got the crisp outline she did!


Leafy Swirl in gold mix gilding flakes

This is my best effort - using my favourite go to stencil, the leafy swirl. This one is probably useable for something.


Cogs and seed heads in gilding flakes - sort of - lots of gaps in the pattern

These are my first efforts! One's a cogs pattern, the other is seed heads. But there are so many gaps it's hard to tell. Not sure what I can do with these.

Ah well, you live and learn. I'm booked on a two day retreat with Barbara in July, maybe she'll cover this there and I'll figure it out!

In the meantime, why not come over and join in our challenge for the month?


Berkhamsted Creative Challenge Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda